Monday, October 9, 2017

Back To Life

Saturday was my first gig since having the baby. It felt like I was re-entering the world. #Goodtimes - and we PLAYED that song too, lol.

WHY DIDN'T I TAKE ANY PICS ON THE GIG?

Truth: I didn't think of it. I had charged up my camera the night before and forgot it at home. Upon realizing this, I thought I'd just use my phone, but then I was too busy worrying about lyrics, my shoes, my sore throat (which came out of nowhere just before the show), mic volume, trying to find the room where they served the band dinner and trying NOT to be worried about anything!


This was taken AFTER I finally got home. AFTER my hair got all frizzed out in the damp air and AFTER the bandleader texted to say I had left my iPad behind and I turned the car around and ran back inside only to find that he had already just left with it. AFTER I ran to catch up with him in the parking lot and was relieved to find him getting into his car.

"I'm a basket case!" I said, shaking my head as I approached.
"No," he said with a smile. "You're a mom."

Anyway... The show itself was fantastic and a lot of fun! It was GREAT to be back! It's such a pleasure to work with outstanding musicians who are also so very nice and have such high spirit! I loved being there with them and being a part of the music that connected all those happy smiling faces on a packed dance floor. There really was nothing to be worried about. :)

Had a blast! Hanging onto that energy this week - with a smile.
xo


Namaste,
T

1 comment: