Monday, October 23, 2017

Butterflies Continued...

I don't have long. The baby is taking a nap.


This lovely girl (I'm going with "girl") appeared outside the diner this week.


This one (above) was at the pediatrician's office. Hundreds more appeared in a National Geographic photo sent to my phone this morning (I'd post the link, but it seems to have disappeared). Maybe there's more to the story that I'm supposed to think about.

I've been taking some time out for myself every evening before bed to read. Just a few minutes is all I need - just enough so that I am taking some action toward my own personal objective of reading a book. Last week I actually finished the book. I can't tell you how many books I have started reading over the years and never finished. My bookshelves are full of them! This time, I finally finished. Then I started another. #gettingsomethingaccomplished :)

"God is within her. She will not fail"
- Psalm 46:5

This quote begins the book I'm reading now. The quote echoes points made at the end of the previous book about how important it is to take action, however small, toward your goals (or dreams). Reflecting about the butterflies, I'm thinking of the action of their flight. They must move, fly, spread their wings. That's what's up this week - action.

Ever notice how we put things off? Busy work crowds out things we want to do for ourselves and we never get around to doing some things that we really want to. My time is short these days with the baby. (Isn't everyone's time short for one reason or another?) To-do lists are always getting shuffled, and tasks get prioritized, often resulting in nonaccomplishment of some very important goals for myself. Adding to the obstacles, we can admit that fear of failure is a contributor to our tendency to put some goals on the back burner as well.

To transform as a butterfly, action is required. Transformation can be thought about, and we can evolve in our thinking all day long, but we must act if we want to continue the cycle. We have to spread wings to fly. I've been doing well with workouts lately. I've managed to get to the gym consistently and reached a goal of lowering my blood sugar through exercise and diet. Also, I completed a book by tackling one page at a time. Now, I think it's time to identify some more goals on the wish list and take some action toward achieving them. Any action toward the goal will be a success.

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." 
- Chris Bradford

"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure."
- Paul Coelho

That is my continued lesson from my friends, the butterflies. :) xo

Namaste,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment