Monday, April 27, 2015

We ARE - We Can

Early last week, after paying all of my bills, the stitch that I had been feeling in my side all that morning miraculously disappeared. I thought this blog might be about procrastinating and the amazing things that happen when we stop doing it.

Thursday was the "We Are Family Foundation" gala in NYC. The foundation is doing absolutely incredible things to promote our global family! It was an honor to be there among such an amazing group of true world leaders - that's what I call this pool of Angels who work tirelessly to make positive changes in the world. This year's honorees included: Caryl M. Stern, President & CEO, U.S. Fund for UNICEF; Bill McDermott, CEO, SAP; and Chaka Khan, Grammy Award Winning Music Icon.


Chaka Khan receiving the Humanitarian Award

Kim, Nile Rodgers, Jerry, Russ performing "Get Lucky"

Graham-Fam: Russ, Mom and Dad Graham, me

On Sunday, my phone's navigator was interrupted when - for no apparent reason - it started playing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" all by itself and repeated the song THREE times! Finally, I turned it off saying, "OKAY! OKAY! I get it!"

Doreen Virtue's calendar page for last Tuesday 


Today (Monday as I write this), I see that CNN has set up a page titled "How to help victims of the Nepal earthquake" and I hear Loretta Lynch (the first female African-American US Attorney General, sworn into office today) saying, "We can do anything."



Loretta Lynch sworn in... "We can do anything."


In putting it all together, here's what I get...

We have much work to do. If we all stop procrastinating, we can accomplish amazing things together. We will all feel lifted and there is NOTHING we can't do.

I will carry these thoughts with me as I journey through the week to come. #KeepGoing

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment