Monday, April 20, 2015

All I Need

It started off a good week. I had the courage and confidence to let go of some things that were bogging down my mind and spirit. I had a great gig in Brooklyn and met some lovely people.

Brooklyn Botanic Garden - with John and Trevor

Gig selfie - from the car

Then came the stress...

So what about when the going gets tough? What about when you just don't feel like it? (Feel like what? Feel like - anything.) Fake it 'til you make it? Just go through the motions? Keep pushing through? How? (Sometimes you need to know the "how.")

I Googled and found a variety of opinions...

Iyanla Vanzant's video on courage: "Fake It Till You Make It"


The Oprah Winfrey Network's video: "When NOT to Fake it Till You Make it"



I guess it comes down to finding something that works for YOU. As long as we don't give up, we CAN make it somehow - by faking it, or letting go, or pushing through or finding something to help. We can ALWAYS find SOMETHING to get through. 

We ARE all we NEED to get by...

"You're All I Need to Get By" written by Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson

Namaste,
T
P.S. 
Sometimes I need - a laugh. Here's one of my favorite scenes from "The Jerk," guaranteed to make you smile.
"That's all I need!"

No comments:

Post a Comment