Monday, April 13, 2015

Laying Down the Mulch

Thursday was a fabulous day! I was having an amazing time at my gig - with OUTSTANDING singers/entertainers and incredible musicians.

I sent Russ this picture:

With John J. and Bobby D.

He responded with this picture of his own:

Russ with Sir Elton John

AWESOME!!!!!

Today (Sunday) was a BEAUTIFUL DAY! It was the first really warm and sunshiny day of the year, getting all the way up to 63 degrees. I spent most of the day outside enjoying it.

I really got a jump on the weed situation this time. Last year, I remember getting a very rude awakening to an out-of-control weed situation in September. This year, I was all over it early! I clipped, weeded, and laid down five bags of mulch. I decided I was NOT going to let it get out of control like last year.


Wish I could say Bentley was helpful...

It felt as if I was working off some steam too. I had been thinking heavily about some comments a "friend" had made the day before that were not sitting well with me - at all.

When I got back in the house and checked Facebook, I found this quote:

"People inspire you or they drain you. Pick them wisely."
- Hans F. Hansen

This week, I will not be afraid to let things go. I will choose to spend my time and energy wisely and will not allow my thoughts to become weeds, choking out new growth.

xoxo!

Namaste,
T
"I actually WAS helpful!" - Sadie
"Are we gonna have lunch now?" - Bentley

No comments:

Post a Comment