Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunshine and Rain

Last week, there was an anniversary dinner...



a doggie swimming lesson...




a showcase in the city with a great band, awesome vocalists and lovely friends...

with John and Chevonne

with Chioma
I TRIED to have a photo shoot with Sadie and Bentley, but they weren't exactly cooperative...



Then it rained on my head.  Hard.


I was reminded that challenges will come to all of us.  

"Many a man curses the rain that falls upon his head, 
and knows not that it brings abundance 
to drive away hunger."
- Saint Basil

As the songs of last week still echo in my head (Full Force released their music video for "I Feel Good, I Look Good, I'm God Good") and a Joan Rivers special plays on television at this very moment, I look at shining examples of how meeting up with life's challenges can bring us strength and unique Blessings.           

"When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways
 - either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, 
or by using the challenge to find our inner strength."
- Dalai Lama

"Happiness is not something ready made.  It comes from your own actions."
- Dalai Lama

Okay.  How do we do it?  How can we invite a miracle and turn water to wine - or rain into sunshine?  It seems to me that gratitude must play a major role.

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, 
owned, earned, worn or consumed.  
Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute 
with love, grace and gratitude."
- Denis Waitley

"Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, 
we can never do anything wise in this world."
- Helen Keller

Alright then.  Keep close to the gratitude and love, and away from the self-pity.  Got it.

As soon as I came back in the house, the rain stopped and the sun was blinding...


I remembered that sunshine always follows the rain and that if we zoom out a little, we can see the bigger picture...


My new bracelet

Have a Blessed week!

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment