Monday, November 28, 2022

What She Said

What DID she say? 



Part of the point was that she was saying anything at all. I'm talking about the nun who delivered a "reflection" at a Catholic mass I heard on Sunday. It was unusual. During announcements, she was introduced and it was as if I was hearing a homily, or sermon, from a woman. She was captivating. I've heard many sermons from women before, but if you understand the Catholic Mass, you know that it is the priests who deliver that kind of "reflection" usually. It was refreshing to hear her speak in that capacity. It was an informal way of participating, after the actual rituals were performed, but it was as if I caught a glimpse of what it would be like if the nuns had a more prominent role in the Mass. 

Interesting. Very interesting.



She challenged us to help others in need, to bring Love, peace, joy, justice and compassion. 

It was good to see.



xo,

T








No comments:

Post a Comment