Monday, May 2, 2022

The Adjustment

Our ability to adapt is so crucial to our progress. It's not always easy. I've been home for over a week now and I still feel unsettled. There's too much to do and not enough time to do it. Focus was easier without so many distractions. A million tasks surround me and they are filling in space like grains of sand in an hourglass. 


I'm going to have to prioritize and tackle one task at a time. Something has to give and I'm trying to make sure that it's not my health and well being. Everything will not be accomplished all at once. It's a test of patience.

I know I'm not alone in this. I've seen post after post on various social media platforms of people cycling through frustration, anger, depression and announcements of "taking a break" for mental health reasons. 

There's a lot going on for everyone and a lot going on in the world. We're all just trying to make it through, helping each other and ourselves as best we can. I'm reminded to have more patience, not just with myself, but with everyone. Life can be overwhelming. We have to be able to manage and feel good about that. I'm taking deep breaths and remembering that there is only so much I can do in any one given day. 



Keep going. Pace yourself. Take breaks and don't feel guilty about them. We need to secure our own oxygen masks before assisting others. 



Hey! Look at this! 


Much Love to you all...

xo,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment