Monday, September 13, 2021

To Act

Honestly, the days keep rushing past in a blur and I'm hardly able to remember what I had for breakfast, let alone the entire week's worth of happenings. Most of the time though, something stands out. Some thought or memory bubbles up through the murky fog and lingers on my mind. This week, it was a passage read at church. I believe it was James 2:14-26. I hope that you'll appreciate the point, even if your Spiritual practice differs. It's all about faith and action (works). 

"My friends, what good is it to say you have faith, when you don't do anything to show that you really do have faith? Can that kind of faith save you? If you know someone who doesn't have any clothes or food, you shouldn't just say, "I hope all goes well for you. I hope you will be warm and have plenty to eat." What good is it to say this, unless you do something to help? Faith that doesn't lead us to do good deeds is all alone and dead!"- James 2:14-17 (Contemporary English Version)

How many times do we wish others well and even pray for them as indicated by our emojis online? How many stories or posts do we "like" or "care" about? Then what do we actually DO to ease someone's suffering? Obviously we have a limited amount of time and resources, but I'm challenging myself to commit to more action than a simple click. 

We don't have to make a spectacle of it to be effective. Maybe we can make a small donation to a cause. Maybe we can make a phone call. Maybe we can take a little time to learn about the subject of interest. We can DO something. We can help someone.



Here's wishing us all an opportunity seized! Here's hoping we all are able to feel good about an action we take, to make someone else's world a little brighter.



Blessed Be!


Love,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment