Monday, April 6, 2020

Encouragement

"Go Girl! GO!"

An elder neighbor stood in her front doorway, held up her coffee cup and cheered me on. It was everything.

I didn't feel like running that day. I had to force myself. I was just going through the motions trying to keep up with a routine. With a genuine smile and a wave back, I picked up my pace. Soon enough, I had completed my big loop and was on my way home, thinking about how nice it had been for her to spur me on like that.

"You made it! YAY!" 

Before I knew it, there she was again, welcoming me back to the block. How wonderful!


I know we all know this... but what a lovely reminder it was that the simplest gesture of kindness can change the whole course of someone's day. That little act of encouragement truly made my whole week! Let's just keep it going and spread the Love a bit.


With a little encouragement...


Beautiful things can happen.


Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment