Monday, April 20, 2020

Dream


There was this:


Then Zach started singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" (life is but a dream), which made me think of this:


So I looked up the story behind the song and found the poem which inspired it: "God God God" by Paramhansa Yogananda...

"...When boisterous storms of trials shriek,
And when worries howl at me,
I will drown their noises, loudly chanting:
God! God! God!

When my mind weaves dreams
With threads of memories,
On that magic cloth will I emboss:
God! God! God!

Every night, in time of deepest sleep,
When my peace dreams and calls, Joy! Joy! Joy!
My joy comes singing evermore:
God! God! God!..."

Like stepping stones, this stream of consciousness brings me to my most sincere wish for us all this week (and beyond) - that we may find peace and joy throughout our journey.

May the "God" of our own understanding, and the truth in our hearts, inspire and radiate Love and comfort. May we access that deepest part of the soul where dreams originate, and train ourselves to create sweet thoughts there.

Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment