Monday, June 11, 2018

Wait... What???

Where do I start?

Well... surgery went alright.

That might be enough said.

Here's the thing: there's so much I have to say to you all, but it will have to wait until after my nap. Love... xo

Namaste,
T

Birds under the deck. Why? Because I didn't take any hospital pics. ;)

Alright, I'm back. (That was quick right?) ;)

Normally, I might not choose to discuss matters of such a personal nature here, but people should know about things like this. Not because it's me, not because I want to complain or get sympathy or anything like that (I'm fine), but because this is potentially serious and you should know.

I've been in physical therapy for over a year since having the baby. Although that tummy bulge was diminishing in size, it just wasn't going away. That soft spot where there should be muscle did seem to be improving, but very slowly and not completely. Apparently, abdominal separation happens in two thirds of pregnant women (Webmd.com). I had no muscular command of a section of my abdomen. My physical therapist sent me back to my doctor - more than once.


One doctor admitted it was not his area of expertise. Another just supposed I should keep on going for therapy. Fearing an issue, I had a colonoscopy from doctor number three and was declared healthy and fine. A fourth doctor noticed nothing to be alarmed about when I saw him for what turned out to be a benign cyst.

When the persistent cramp got bad, yet another doctor thought it was my gallbladder. Tests showed it was not and I was dismissed to continue therapy by the fifth doctor. I kept describing my abdominal issues in detail to my physical therapist who suggested I see someone for a possible umbilical hernia. I was referred by doctor number two to doctor number six who confirmed this on first sight and scheduled me for immediate surgery. Can you believe it???

It was a relatively minor procedure, but the condition could have led to life threatening complications if it were left untreated. WHAT???


I've heard this before, maybe you have too: YOU are in charge of matters concerning your own health. NO ONE ELSE IS. You MUST continue to seek medical advice until you are satisfied with your understanding of any health situation. KEEP SEEKING MEDICAL ASSISTANCE UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWERS.

I can not thank my physical therapist enough. Thank you for noticing. Thank you for listening. Thank you for being interested and not dismissive.

I don't want to make anyone paranoid about matters of health, but let's take things seriously and remember that we are human - not invincible. We need to take responsibility for ourselves and enjoy a healthy, active and full life.

Love to you all... xoxo

#backtomynap
#Throwback

No comments:

Post a Comment