Monday, July 24, 2017

#ChangeYourSong

Have you ever tried complaining to your doctor about how hard it is to eat healthy? Mine told me I had to change my thoughts. Instead of thinking about how hard it is, "Just think of making better choices." Every day, every meal is a choice. It seemed simple enough.

That thought lingered with me throughout the week. By thinking of how hard it is (and before you say “it’s not that hard” - please keep in mind that I'm taking care of two dogs and a baby) I was focused on the challenge. Changing my mind is simple enough, but not always easy. My doctor was right. While focused on the challenge, I was sabotaging my own power. It’s not something difficult. It’s a simple choice. Remembering that I DO have a choice is empowering. It allows me to take the reins. With that in mind, I started making healthier food choices.

I carried the idea of changing my mind over to other things too. All day long I make up silly songs to entertain the baby. I decided some of the lyrics needed a change.

“Ay, ay, ay, ay… no sir I have no bananas” soon became “Ay, ay, ay, ay… Yes I do have some bananas.” (What can I say, he thinks the word “banana” is hilarious.) “Bananas, bananas galore... Bananas yes please I’ll have more… Ay, ay, ay, ay… How I do love my bananas” etc. (You get the idea.)


Why would I repeat a lyric about a state of lack? Why wouldn’t I sing from a place of bounty and reinforce THAT idea? Hello? What was I thinking?


Of the thousands of thoughts we have in our heads all day long, what do we keep repeating to ourselves that we could change? How can I continue to change my song and improve my life? This week, I’ll listen closely and #changemysong.

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment