Monday, March 21, 2016

The Open Road Ahead (just beyond taxes)

Maybe this is a good time of year for taxes to be due. I feel like one of those new plants just coming up. I have to fight my way through the dirt before I can bloom. It's just like all this tax preparation. I have to relive the past year of life through old receipts and get through it all before I can truly embrace spring and sunshine and new ideas.


Sometimes, what I am thinking is perfectly reflected in my Louise Hay calendar...


Once I get through this, I know there is a new open road ahead! The book I've been reading talks about letting go of old ideas. (Simple, but not easy.) In The Game of Life, Florence Scovel Shinn writes about the idea of "Divine Design." It might not be the idea YOU have of how things should be going in your life, but instead the "Divine Idea." What is waiting for us in life may in fact be infinitely better than what we are imagining for ourselves, therefore we might want to let go of our own limited mindset and be free to allow the "Divine Idea" to manifest.

"Many a man is building for himself in imagination 
a bungalow when he should be building a palace."
- Florence Scovel Shinn

This week, I'll keep getting through the old projects at hand. I'll invite the Divine Idea (whatever it might be) to enter my life and look forward to the Perfect New Adventure ahead!  :)


Namaste, 
T

No comments:

Post a Comment