Monday, June 6, 2022

Arguing with Angels

 Isn't it interesting how we don't trust the Universe to have our backs? 


Why do we insist on having things our own way instead of going with the flow - knowing that our best interest is always at work? It's hard to imagine in tragic times. Why aren't things going according to our plan? THIS is God's plan??? When we see the horrors that abound, why would we trust?

Maybe sometimes our circumstance is the result of our own free will. That makes sense. Sometimes we have to accept things we might not like as what is best for us though. So how can we tell the difference?

When we pray, or meditate, or make a wish for some specific circumstance - how do we know if that particular request is what's best? We could just wish for whatever is best, but then we REALLY have to trust that what ever happens is somehow, ultimately what's right. Can we? 


I've been there before. I remember before Zachary was born. I wasn't sure if he would ever show up and had to, after several unsuccessful fertility assists, surrender my fate to God. Then all of a sudden, there was baby Zachary.

These trying times hardly seem like an appropriate time to surrender. We have battles to fight, injustices to fix, solutions to find... this is no time to coast. Where's the line? When do we fight like hell and when do we accept and trust? 

We probably have to determine that for ourselves. There may be no right or wrong answer. I've heard that the time to walk away from a situation is when your health is being affected negatively. 

I suppose at the end of the day, it is ourselves who are responsible for our circumstance. We can't control everything, but we are in charge of our own choices. We have to live with the decisions we make and the consequences they bring. 


Today I was deep in thought and made a wish. Actually, I made a command. It felt like an Angel answered me back, "Are you sure about that?" I could qualify my wishes: "only if it's best' or "thy will be done" but sometimes I just want what I want. Maybe it's not best. Maybe my own limited perspective is preventing me from seeing a greater plan. Maybe I am getting in my own way. Then again, maybe I am finally going for it with gusto! The benefit of hindsight is always late! LOL.

Here's wishing us all good choices this week. Arguing with the Divine might not be the best idea. We might just do all we can do - and then trust. 


Love,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment