Monday, June 7, 2021

Look! God!

How lovely it is when we create the opportunity to follow our train of thought. 

Sometimes, during the week I jot down a random idea that may or may not become that week's blog. This week I thought of God and how in Bible stories we hear of instances where, when God appears, people turn their heads away. I think the thought stemmed from a conversation I had with Zachary about why all the animals bow down before the king. Anyway, what I wrote down in my own notes was this:

Why did they shield their eyes?

Why were they afraid to look?

Why are we terrified of our own divine and block our blessings?

Google search results of "Why did they shield their eyes" began with a CNBC article with Dr. Anthony Fauci concerning the use of goggles and eye shields as preventive measures against COVID 19. (The world we live in - SMH.) When I added the word "God" the book "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston came up and my original little random thought opened up into a whole world of literary content, commentary and the life and times of an amazing author who died over sixty years ago.


Click here for "Their Eyes Were Watching God" on Wikipedia.com

I'd better go do some reading now. Here's wishing us all the time and peaceful quiet required to follow our own little random thoughts this week... Blessed be.



Love,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment