Monday, April 12, 2021

No Pictures


There is no picture of the robin that hopped to the ground right near me. I was out for a run when he swooped down and teased me with what would be the perfect close-up picture. I had already learned my lesson the day before though. I knew that in the moments it would take for me get the camera out, he would fly away. 

I enjoyed the the classic Spring moment, all for myself, and continued running. The small encounter with that bird would linger in my mind for the rest of the run, and the rest of the week. How often does a moment like that present itself? I'm always reaching for the camera, trying to capture the experience of an instant in time. This was different.  It was just for me - and I knew it. HOW COOL IS THAT???

We all know that we should put down our phones and enjoy some "unplugged" time. It's good for us. How often do we actually do that? How often do we do it because we're INSPIRED to, and not just because we have to? When do we stop and appreciate a pretty, real life picture and keep it - all for ourselves?

I highly recommend it. It is soul nourishing. It is nutrition for our Spirit. Here's wishing you all a beautiful moment in time that is just for you.



Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment