Monday, May 18, 2020

Gratitude and Hindsight

Cleaning off some bookshelves, I happened across a receipt. At first, it was hard to make sense out of what I was seeing. Why would I be in a hotel for several days, around the corner from my house? It was from Feb 16th.


Funny. I remember being beside myself at the time - at how crazy it was that both the furnace and hot water heater failed at the same time, filling the house with carbon monoxide; at how the garage doors stopped working after the fire people came; and at how I had a gig to get to that evening. The baby sitter had to wait at the neighbor's house because I had to take the dogs to the kennel after picking up Zachary from school. She had to come with me to the hotel where the show was and watch him there while I performed, then Uber home.

That seemed like the craziest sequence of events ever.

Little did I know.


How fortunate it was to have had both of those household repairs done then. How amazing is it that everything was falling into place ahead of time - a solid month ahead of all this.

If "today me" could go back in time and tell "then me" to be thankful for all those crazy happenings because they were such Blessings...


Gratitude. Oh for the strength of Faith to understand that all things happen for reasons unknown at the time, but always for the good.

Blessed week...

Love,
T

P.S.
On a totally unrelated subject, can anyone explain to me why my watermelon has a mustache??? Is this normal? #randomweirdthings #whatisnormal


It led me to this song:


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment