Monday, May 25, 2020

Fueled By Love

It's so easy to be motivated by things like anger, frustration, jealousy, etc. Sometimes we have to make a real conscious effort to increase our positive thoughts enough to be moved into action by them. What inspires us so much that we must DO something? 

Luckily, I have Zachary around and he wanted to make cookies - for the sheer joy of it. I think he wanted to be like Cookie Monster actually, but it was a joyful ride.


I wanted to plant some flowers.


Here's wishing us all a week of deliberate action, inspired by something good, fueled by Love.


Hope you all had a Blessed holiday weekend. I remembered this Memorial Day poem from 2014. It takes on a whole new layer of meaning this year...


"In Memoriam"

With teary eye I thank you, Boy
For giving me your life,
And who am I to take you from
Your mother, son and wife?

With heavy heart I thank you, Miss
Your courage hired for pittance.
If honor earned be heaven's price,
Be sure of your admittance!

To all we've lost, but Angels gained,
Who fly now free from chains,
Unburdened from this world of war,
Your light be not contained.

Our tribute then, could never be
The glory you deserve,
Our closest humble offering, 
In liberty preserved.

- Tanya Diona
Originally published in blog posted May 26, 2014

Love,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment