Monday, February 11, 2019

KABOOM!

Well, so much for that "diving in" idea. You know when you're cruising along, making your grand plans...


and then...


they fall completely apart? #Kaboom

Zachary fell ill (he's getting better now) and mommy had to cancel everything. Suddenly my most amazing accomplishment of the week was getting that kid to take a sip of water. He would do it only by squirting the water into his mouth with the measuring syringe that came with his baby Motrin. I had to do a "happy dance" (jumping jacks accompanied by a song), then advance to handstands (that looked more like downward dog with kicks) to get him to take bites of oatmeal!

#CreativeSolutions #CleverMommy #TiredMommy #DidIJustComplimentMyself ? #Yes #YesIDid #YouTryToGetAKidToEatAndDrinkWithASoreThroat #ToddlerProblems #MommySolutions

#ChickenAndFrootloops #OhYea #ThatHappened

Am I speaking in hashtags? Yes. I am too tired to think straight and I'm not even going to check this blog for spelling. I have to take him back to the doctor in the morning, it's after 11pm, and I am sitting on the floor in his room with him on the chair behind me, looking over my shoulder. Every time I turn around to see if his eyes are closed yet, he laughs at me. (Smile.) Laughing is way better than crying.

So anyway, this week I'm reflecting on the fact that things don't always (or ever) go the way you might expect. I'm just going to keep the music playing and get through it.


Blessed week of good health to us all!

Here's hoping...

xoxo
Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment