Monday, November 19, 2018

Next Chapter

Last week began in sunny California.


Did I drive this truck and trailer with a storage box down twenty miles of highway, then load a storage unit full of stuff onto it ALL BY MYSELF, then drive it another twenty miles before getting on a plane back across the country because I am a MOM and therefore I can do anything???

Yes. Yes I did.

It felt like I was closing out a chapter in my life. The days of being bi-coastal have been over for a few years now. It was about time to close the book on that storage unit. Change is good. Why do we always seem to hang on longer than necessary?

Then suddenly I was back in NY,


and in a snowstorm so bad it took me an hour and a half to get somewhere it usually only takes me ten minutes to get to. It took Russ six and a half hours to drive 46 miles to his gig that night. (SMH) The only real problem with driving in the snow is that NOT EVERYONE OUT THERE ON THE ROAD IS FROM BUFFALO! (#Buffalove.) It wasn't exactly a day at the beach...


But all in all, it was not that bad.

The week circled back around to my favorite thing - recording new songs for my next album!


Here's wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving and a beautiful change of season!


Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment