Monday, May 9, 2016

Much Ado About Mothers

This month is all about video preparation. I try not to talk about it much here, mainly because the process is so long and arduous. It will be quite a while before this video is completely done - and we've been working on it for almost a year already!

The thing is... this past week was so jam-packed with video production work, that I really have not much else to talk about - except Mother's Day. :)

Tree planted by my mother :)

We're approaching shoot day now and things are getting both crazy hectic AND fun! As I raced around New York City this week searching for costumes, fabric, crystals, hair pieces, buttons, trimmings, industrial strength glue, props, jewelry, hats, etc., I was also rehearsing and juggling calls to the wardrobe designer, choreographer, videographer, hair stylist, makeup artist, and more. There are so many details to tend to! At one point, a dear friend of mine lovingly laughed at me and at my "motherly" type of role. I took it as a most wonderful compliment.

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?"
- Milton Berle

The fact is that there are so many incredible women on this project, when I stop to think about it I am in awe. A group of talented, creative women working together is truly a beautiful thing. Then there was Mother's Day. As I scrolled though post after post about people's love and gratitude for their mothers these last few days, my appreciation of amazing women everywhere strengthened even more.

"Motherhood: All love begins and ends there."
- Robert Browning

Thank you - to all the incredible women in this world! Some are mothers now and some are fondly remembered with the deepest warmth and adoration. Some are mothers to be and some are mothers in a spiritual sense - mothering/mentoring groups, neighborhoods or communities... ALL with an endless capacity for love and compassion so pure that we can feel its divine nature.

"God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers."
 - Rudyard Kipling

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children."
- William Makepeace Thackeray

"It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?"
- Mahatma Gandhi

"We are born of love; Love is our mother."
- Rumi

Here's hoping that we allow that kind of love to grow in our hearts and shine out into the world even brighter this week.

"Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."
- Mother Teresa

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment