Monday, December 1, 2014

United



The perfect end to an extremely busy week came on Sunday.

I attended the wedding of a wonderful friend and his partner.  The spirit of Love that filled the air was simply incredible.  All who were present felt Blessed to witness the couple's declaration of a most genuine and precious Love.  It warmed our hearts, brought tears to our eyes and sent our Spirits leaping for joy.  The magic and beauty that we felt defies description by mere words.  It seemed we all witnessed a bit of Heaven - the way things are supposed to be.  We laughed, cried and drank it all in as if our parched souls had finally found an oasis.  By sharing their Love with us, that couple had actually fed our souls.

As they stood before us, baring their hearts to each other, someone in the intimate crowd gathered there in the couple's living room said, "I love love."  The woman standing next to me was compelled to introduce herself to me, and I to her.  We all came together under that umbrella of Love.  There were family members, friends, and complete strangers gathered in a feeling of unity.  Isn't that what love is all about?

As I was eventually saying my goodbyes, along with so many lovely people, we spoke of a sense we had, of a "cloud of Love" surrounding us.  We bid the couple hold on to that cloud and always refer back to it in times of challenge.  I vowed to myself to hang on to it and carry it with me as I ventured back out into the world beyond the comfort of their enchanted home that evening.

With so much going on in the world at this very moment, I will carry the remembrance of that Love this week.  I will seek out that which unifies people and accept it as truth.  I will dismiss that which seeks to divide us.

I believe we are one family.

Namaste,
T
"Don't let them deceive us
Orchestrating our defeat
Pushing us to ruin
We fight our brother in the street
Just because he wears a different face
What a disgrace
I believe that we're all family
And together we can find all that we need..."
-Tanya Diona 
"Family Reunion" lyrics
P.S.
As if Angels have just sent me confirmation of these sentiments, I just viewed these two posts (which I will post, in sequence, after posting this blog):



As I write this, peaceful protesters unite and line the streets across the country...


No comments:

Post a Comment