Monday, December 29, 2014

Shhhhhhh...

I was so busy and crazy-hectic this last week that I lost a significant amount of sleep and missed church three times.  Walking around exhausted and still trying to accomplish 1400 tasks in two hours, I actually told poor Russ to "stop talking" so that I could concentrate on the million things racing through my brain as I frantically bustled around trying to get it all done.  The "To Do" list was running like a high speed video in my mind, which seemed to be operating at full capacity, and I absolutely could not take in even one more thought.

With several people I know battling health issues, and the new year just ahead, I am reminded to sit still, quiet myself and just listen.  I need to slow down.  I need to stop talking.  I need to shhhhhhh...

Louise Hay's calendar for today

My first blog of 2014 was on January 1st, almost one year ago.  It was titled "Burning the Bowl" and was about a wonderful ceremony that Russell and I had attended, in which you release the old and make way for the new as part of the ritual.


I do not remember the thing that I wished to let go of, which I wrote on the piece of paper and burned in the bowl (apparently, it worked).  I do remember the short essay that I received, meant as a message for the year to come.  It was printed on a small, rolled up piece of paper and tied with a ribbon.  I picked it, at random, from a basket that was passed around.  My little scroll was all about being more independent.  That sentiment did ring true for me and I referenced that essay many times over the course of the year.  

This week I will make time to sit quietly and reflect on the past year.  I'll listen to my heart and to my soul's message about the year to come, and try to make it back to that annual ceremony.

I love this shirt!

I wish us all a time of grateful reflection as we look back and appreciate all of the Blessings and lessons of the last year.  I hope that we all find the quiet moments that we need in order to listen to our heart's calling for the year to come.  May we have the ability to listen to our selves and follow our intuition with faith.  May we step confidently toward the goals of our life's journey and toward our own happiness in the new year.

I will end the last blog of 2014 with the same picture and sentiment that ended the first blog of 2014.


Thank you for a wonderful year.  Here's to a Blessed continued journey.

Namaste,
T
Thanks to the team of editors and proofreaders 
 who have checked and improved this blog throughout the year:

Cathy T.
Russell G.
Carole G.
Jeffrey G.

No comments:

Post a Comment