Monday, May 26, 2014

In Memoriam...

"So long as there are men there will be wars." - Albert Einstein

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” - Albert Einstein


“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” - John F. Kennedy



“And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free, and I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, ‘cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land, God Bless the USA.” - Lee Greenwood





“Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o’er, / Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking, / Dream of battled fields no more. / Days of danger, nights of waking.” - Sir Walter Scott


“When we say, ‘War is over if you want it,’ we mean that if everyone demanded peace instead of another TV set, we’d have peace.” - John Lennon

“Peace is more important than all justice; and peace was not made for the sake of justice, but justice for the sake of peace.” – Martin Luther








“In Memoriam”

With teary eye I thank you, Boy
For giving me your life,
And who am I to take you from
Your mother, son and wife?

With heavy heart I thank you, Miss
Your courage hired for pittance.
If honor earned be heaven’s price,
Be sure of your admittance!

To all we’ve lost, but Angels gained,
Who fly now free from chains,
Unburdened from this world of war,
Your light be not contained.

Our tribute then, could never be
The glory you deserve,
Our closest humble offering,
In liberty preserved.

-Tanya Diona





Blessed Memorial Day to you all.

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment