Monday, April 21, 2014

Song Speak

This is how conversations can go at our house...

One day last week I noticed that there was a bag of groceries on the counter that contained some Passover food items, some of which were chocolates (I could see the all-too-familiar rectangular box poking out).



Having been doing very well with my workouts and diet lately, I asked Russ to please hide the chocolates from me so that I would not be tempted to eat them.

After some time passed, I found myself back in the kitchen and noticed the bag with the box of chocolates still there.  I didn't want to look any closer and asked Russ again to please do something else with the chocolates.



Some time later, I was again in the kitchen and saw the same picture.  In general, by the third time I say the same thing it comes out more… let's say… emphatic than the first two times...



Tan:
RUSS!  WHY IS THE BOX OF CHOCOLATES STILL ON THE COUNTER!!???

Russ:
I moved the chocolates!

Tan:
(As she moves in closer to the bag in question)  Then what's this!?


Russ:
(As he enters the kitchen) Nothing you would like anyway.

Tan:
(Pulls the rectangular box out of the bag)


Tan:
(Gasps and exclaims, horrified)
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???  NOTHING I WOULD LIKE!!!???
(She begins to sing…)

"If you don't know me by now…."


Russ:
(Response is immediate as he also begins to sing.  He sings James Brown's "Soul Power" but changes the words to "Will Power")

"HA! Know we need it, (Will power) We got to have it, (Will power)…"


And so goes the "song speak."

:)



Hope you all had a WONDERFUL EASTER!

Namaste
T



No comments:

Post a Comment