Monday, February 17, 2014

The Answer Is... YES!!!


Note to Self:
If you are ever wondering whether or not to use toe warmers when heading out to a “Winter Festival”….  The answer is YES!  YES, USE THE TOE WARMERS!

I had a great time at the President’s Day Weekend Winter Festival in Mayville, NY on Saturday!  I managed to get some good pics before my hands got so cold that they were no longer detected by my phone’s touch screen.  We were so grateful for the tent with the hot chocolate inside (among other goodies)!  After a while inside there, I began to feel my toes again.

Self Explanatory

Volunteers cut over a thousand blocks of ice from Chautauqua Lake and built a giant ice castle! (1) 
The Ice Castle and Me

Horsedrawn rides by Magic Moments... (Is it me, or are the horses snuggling up to keep warm?)

The kids seemed to enjoy every snowbank...
Loved my snowmobile ride...  courtesy of the Chautauqua Lake Snowmobile Club
(I soooo need a snowmobile!!!)
  


Here’s the thing… Typically this is the time of year when I feel that I have had just about enough of winter and begin to complain about it.  This year I say, “Hey, if you can’t beat ‘em… JOIN ‘EM!”  (I guess I’m referring to the snowflakes here).  Winter is too long not to try and figure out a way to enjoy it, embrace it and have fun in it.  Thank you Mayville Winter Festival for coming along at precisely the right time.





Xoxo!


P.S.
I understand there are only thirty days left until spring!  To this lonely little guy I say, “Don't worry.  We'll be visiting you again soon!”



1. Wagner, Paul (2014, February 10). Ice Castle Construction in Mayville.  Erie, PA TV News.  Retrieved February 16, 2014 from http://www.erietvnews.com/story/24683918/ice-castle-construction-in-mayville#.UvuCN2as19Q.facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment