Monday, August 17, 2015

Like Magic...

I was tired. I didn't know how I was going to muster up the strength to get through the whole, four-hour-long, high-energy gig without anyone noticing my exhaustion.

A friend had sent me a selfie as I was leaving the house. I tried to send one back, but none of them were coming out well. I thought, "Geez, I look terrible." I was wearing my fatigue outwardly.

But then something amazing happened. After the long drive through the beautiful Hudson Valley and a very pleasant encounter with the nicest valet guy ever, I began to feel a little better. Upon greeting the other singer and some of the musicians, we started kidding around and laughing. By the start of the gig, I felt a LOT better. The crowd turned out to be the sweetest group of lively, friendly people, the staff was smiling and happy, my bandmates were the greatest bunch of guys (besides being awesome musicians), and I was absolutely thrilled to be a part of the whole event family. I had a fabulous time! No one would've guessed that I had started off the day so sluggish - including me! LOL.

"We cannot live only for ourselves. 
A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow man."
- Herman Melville

L to R: John, Chris, Me, Paul, Harvey, Doug

Being a part of that fellowship was truly energizing - such an uplifting experience. I drove home with a profound sense of happiness and an energetic spirit, grateful to have been surrounded by such wonderful, positive energy. Also, I was reminded that we are exactly as we believe we are. Somewhere along the way, I had stopped thinking that I was tired and started thinking that I was going to have a lot of fun.

"Every thought we think is creating our future."
- Louise Hay

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. 
The mind is everything. What we thnk, we become."
- Buddha

"The words, 'I am...' are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. 
The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you."
- A.L. Kitselman

I'll listen carefully to my thoughts this week. If I start telling myself "I am tired" or anything I wish not to be, I'll replace it with something more like, "I am going to have a great day!" It's just a thought, after all. It can be changed - like magic.


Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment