Monday, June 1, 2015

Let It Be


"So in this dream... my mother appeared, and there was her face, completely clear, particularly her eyes, and she said to me, very gently, very reassuringly: "Let it be."
It was lovely. I woke up with a great feeling. It was really like she had visited me at this very difficult point in my life and gave me this message: Be gentle, don't fight things, just try and go with the flow and it will all work out."
- Paul McCartney


Early in the week I had an "idea" day. They just started coming to me, so I wrote them all down. I remember having a lot of work to do, but the ideas just kept rolling in and I thought, "Ok... So, this is going to be a creative day." I went with the flow. Every time an idea came, I stopped to write it down. New thoughts for videos, songs, sayings to put with pictures in photoshop and business plans kept popping into my head.

As the week progressed, I kept busy. I made a "to do" list based off of the list of ideas and plowed through the tasks one by one. It was a great week! There was a fantastic gig in the city, a LOT got accomplished, and I managed to get the ball rolling on some great new ideas!

Things seemed to fall right into place.

At church, the minister talked about the process of setting intentions and manifesting what we desire in our lives. She made a clear distinction between going after what we want with forceful purpose, as opposed to relaxing, letting go, and simply allowing. I was reminded of how the ideas seemed to flow so naturally this week, and the amazing number of things I accomplished without feeling frustrated.


When I got home and began writing this, I started singing "Let It Be," so I looked it up and found the great story of its origins (posted above). Staring at me from the coffee table was a book I bought a few weeks ago: "What Do You Do With An Idea" (Written by Kobi Yamada, Illustrated by Mae Besom). I finally picked it up and read it. It is perfectly wonderful!



"This is the story of one brilliant idea and the child who helps bring it into the world. As the child's confidence grows, so does the idea itself. And then, one day, something amazing happens. This is a story for anyone, at any age, who's ever had an idea that seemed a little too big, too odd, too difficult. It's a story to inspire you to welcome that idea, to give it some space to grow, and to see what happens next. Because your idea isn't going anywhere. In fact, it's just getting started."
- What Do You Do With An Idea, inside jacket cover

This week, I will notice the ideas as they come. I will give them some attention and take positive action toward their growth. I will relax and allow them to flow. I will let it be - and it will be...

Namaste,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment