Monday, June 15, 2015

Turtle Talk

Last week, these pictures appeared on my phone:



Mom sent them. Apparently it is a snapper and over a foot long (that's a size 8 flip flop next to it). She found it crawling along the path near our house. She named it Pokey.

This week, I was driving from one gig to another when I got a phone call from some relatives who will be visiting me shortly and they were all excited about the possibility of seeing a turtle that size during their stay. About a half hour after that, I stopped at a roadside furniture store that looked interesting and a man with a chainsaw came running across the parking lot to tell me that they had four showrooms inside, and if I needed him, he was on the side of the building carving a turtle. When I conveyed the story to mom, she said she had seen another turtle just before I called.


So.... WHAT'S UP WITH THE TURTLES?

"IF A TURTLE HAS CROSSED YOUR PATH: 
He is usually giving you the message that ‘slow and steady wins the race.’ 
Pay attention to details in your current project and take your time with it. 
Don’t be tempted to skip steps or take shortcuts. You will get there! 
Just trust in the process and stay in the moment. 
Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best way to reach your goals."
- Spirit-animals.com

(Alright then. Makes sense to me.)

It was a very busy weekend with a gig in Vermont...

L to R: Harvey, John, Me and Trevor

and then a gig in New Jersey...

L to R: Frank, Matt, Jim, Joey, Joe, Me, Eddy and Junior

Apollo Joe and Me

Instead of rushing back home in between gigs, I drove straight to Jersey from Vermont. I was glad to have enough time to be able to stop and take some pictures when I saw something interesting along the way. When my navigator declined to tell me where to go, I just asked the nice kid at the gas station to point me in the direction of the moose on the back of a truck... (true story). He said, "I know exactly where you mean." LOL! I had remembered that moose from the drive up and wanted to head back that same way.


This week, I will remember the message of the turtle and not race around too much. There are so many cool things I might miss if I'm moving too fast. ;)

The Big Moose Deli and Country Store, Hoosick, NY

LaFlammes Inc, Bennington, VT

Outside the Bennington Museum, Bennington, VT

Carpenter's Touch LLC, Johnsonville, NY

Carpenter's Touch LLC, Johnsonville, NY

Carpenter's Touch LLC, Johnsonville, NY

Flower Bed - Creative Custom Woodcraft, Hoosick Falls, NY

Creative Custom Woodcraft, Hoosick Falls, NY

Who wouldn't stop and take a picture of THIS street sign?

Have a great week!

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment