Monday, June 8, 2015

Flying High

It was an AWESOME week!

There was circus training...

Wall Running

Harness Bungee

Silks

OMG! AWESOME!!! If you're in the NYC area, you HAVE to go there and try it! #SoMuchFun


The facility is fantastic, the instructors are amazing, everyone there is exceptionally friendly and the workout is outstanding. I knew these activities would not be easy, but WOW! People who have mastered these circus arts are incredible athletes. It was an absolute blast! One of the other students told me it was her "happy place." I can see why. :)

Then there was a super fun band rehearsal for upcoming shows later this month. I love these guys...

Front: Me and Junior (my friend Hune);
Back: Joey (my friend Hoey),
Alan (my new friend), and Frank (my friend Fronk)

Me and Frank (Fronk)

Then there was a fantastic gig with another group - a twenty piece orchestra and five vocalists! I love these guys too...

Eight piece string section 

Me and Neal (Trumpet)

Front: Me and Jay, Joe, and Prim (Vocals); Back: Robert (Guitar)

With Tony B. (Vocalist)

With Jay and Prim (Vocalists)

It was such a happy week! On Sunday, just as I was wondering how to hold on to that feeling of joy and keep it going this week too, the minister at church said we have to "somehow" plug into that space of love and stay connected. (I thought, "Yeah, but HOW?" because I had been thinking that gratitude would be the way.) She continued on to say that awareness was a good place to start and that we should start to recognize when we slip into a place of fear or worry. Then we can say a prayer, meditate, take a walk in nature or do something that might lift our spirits and get us back to the love space.

Something sounded familiar. My instructor at The Muse had me close my eyes and practice twisting my leg around the fabric to get the feel for it in Silks class. Eventually, the movement will become instinctual and I will be able to do it in the air, without looking. (THAT'S important because it's an essential part of how you support your body weight as you climb. If you lose your footing, you'll want to regain it quickly, without thinking.)

AHA! So the spiritual training mirrors the physical training! It's just like practicing a physical movement. You get to know the feeling of it in the body as you practice. You become aware of the motion. It's like rehearsing a song too! While practicing, you get to know how the notes feel in your instrument; in your voice as you sing or in your hands as you play. In a similar way, we can pay attention to how we feel spiritually in a more specific way - fine tune our awareness. By paying attention to ourselves, our emotions, our instincts, we can notice if we begin to shift from a place of love... and practice ways to recover. What an incredibly important skill to learn! As we soar higher and higher, this spiritual practice will become our safety net. We'll be able to return to the love space instinctually!

I love it when everything all ties together! Here's to flying high!

xoxo!
Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment