Monday, January 2, 2012

Yes We Can... Can't We?


One of the things I got for Christmas is a little wall plaque that says “Yes We Can.”  It was given to me because apparently I’ve been saying “I can’t” quite a bit lately.  Sometimes I say it when I just refuse to deal with something that I feel like I shouldn’t have to deal with anyway. 

The truth is that sometimes we are all faced with circumstances that seem unfair.  Sometimes also, the truth is that no matter how much I want to, and sometimes do say “I can’t,” the reality is that I must.



I will leave you with two things…

One is my song, “Let It Roll.”  Please listen to the lyrics.  It is about holding on to faith when we are faced with challenges.  When we wrote the song, we inserted the chorus into the middle of the verses.  The first part of each verse is the problem at hand.  Then the chorus about holding on to our faith comes and the listener has to literally “let it roll” to hear the outcome of the problem.  We are then faced with a new challenge in verse two and must have faith and “let things roll” again.  I find it encouraging to journey through the lyrics.


The second thing I’d like to share is a video clip from Oprah’s Master Class.  I know she has the right attitude.  I know that what she says is true. 


I do believe that we are always EXACTLY where we are supposed to be.  There are many lessons to be learned and challenges to face.  There are obstacles to overcome and battles to be won.  It’s not always fun and certainly not always fair.   Sometimes it downright sucks.  If ever there is a time when “I can’t” though, rest assured it is temporary.  Perhaps for a while I won’t, but I most definitely can and most likely will.

Thanks for the gift – and for the reminder.

:) xoxo


3 comments:

  1. "Yes We Can" was also an amazing album by Lee Dorsey in the 70's cracking music. I liked your song. Happy New Year-yes we all can

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we bundle up here in Buffalo for chillier weather, we can sit back and enjoy the warmth of this inspirational thought. Your music is loved here and we look forward to your accomplishments in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete