Monday, July 19, 2021

Dragons

I have no idea why, as I sat here to write, the idea of dragons popped into my head. So here we are. First I looked up the spirit animal meaning:

"The dragon Spirit is drawn to people of intellect, dignity, contagious enthusiasm and authority. Dragons guide such individuals toward brilliance and, indeed, enlightenment. In this setting your Dragon Spirit Animal teaches you to roar - finding your voice, being heard and truly understood." - Google search for "Dragon Spirit Animal"

Then I looked up the cultural significance / history:

Click here for: "Chinese Dragon" on wikipedia.com

Somewhere along the way I discovered this movie:


and this song:


I wanted to learn more about cultural traditions. 


Cool! There must be a cultural center for more, right? (Yes.)

Click here for New York Chinese Cultural Center

Their mesmerizing and inspirational video:

Isn't it so amazing how much you can learn and be moved by following one little thought in your head ?

I just remembered that Russ and Zach were doing art projects earlier (Russ's design above). Maybe THAT'S why I thought of dragons.


Here's wishing you some time to follow your thoughts and ideas this week - and that your dragon stays safe and happy (as Peter Yarrow says). 

Love,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment