Monday, August 28, 2017

Green Day

First and foremost - prayers and love for all those affected by Hurricane Harvey. 

Ways to help:




This blog WAS going to be about Russ coming home from the Chic / Earth Wind & Fire tour, but then we went to see Green Day.

When I saw Matt and Christine a couple of weeks ago, we had been trying to think of something fun that we could do together. I love hanging out with my young relatives!!! Green Day was mentioned, tickets were bought and we all piled in the car to head to Darien Lake for the show.


Merch was purchased...


THE SHOW WAS AWESOME!





The experience was priceless. The collective soul of the crowd was... (I can't think of a word good enough) how about... "POWERFUL." The energy was terrifically high and the musicianship was outstanding. I love how Billie Joe Armstrong said to look for the heroes in times of catastrophe - they can always be found. The mosh pit next to us was happening - even if I did think someone's shoe might hit us in the head a couple of times - lol.

Special thanks to Matt for the idea to go in the first place and for sharing his favorite band with us. Huge thanks to Matt, Christine and Russ for the journey! THAT was a really good time. Thanks for sharing it with me. xoxo




Here's to the music!


Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment