Monday, November 6, 2017

Dear God,

Tears. People in church. Children. Children in church.

I went to 5:00 PM mass on Sunday with Russ and Zach. It's been a while since we've all gone together. I can not imagine. I can not.


Yet the world keeps turning. Time keeps ticking by. Stores are busy getting their Christmas aisles in order and people are busy shopping, watching football games and carrying on with the daily routine of life. Yet for some, there is immeasurable heartache and loss. For some, time stands still and numbness takes hold. For some, life will NEVER be the same.

We left church, stopped at the store, went home, fed Zach and got him ready for bed. The shooting was not mentioned in the service we attended. I'm not sure the priest was even aware of it. It wasn't until we were back at home that I was able to look it up.

I saw Marianne Williamson's (world renowned spiritual author and teacher) Instagram post: "Dear God, please help us. Amen" It includes a picture of the shooter (also from her hometown of Houston, TX) with text saying that he is not a Muslim or with Isis and that THIS (he) is what a terrorist looks like. MARIANNE WILLIAMSON - a woman who guides millions of people through concepts in A Course in Miracles - is pointing out what terrorists look like and praying for help for us all on her IG account.


With tears swelling up, I thought about how to fight "hatred." I know it's with Love. I know it's with kindness and compassion. I know the "battle" that occurs within ourselves and manifests in the world between fear and Love. I know people will argue and politicians will fan flames, stirring passionate thoughts in millions of people, dividing some and uniting others in common cause. I know many will search for answers and sometimes answers will not be found. Some will believe fiercely and cling to their faith. Others might give up on it.

I checked in online to see what friends were talking about and found something positively delightful in the midst of all this horror. I smiled. Then I laughed. It was pure, genuine. Then I looked up the lyrics. THIS is how you fight hatred - with joy of heart. This sweet little girl is bringing the Light!


Dear God,
Help us all. Let us be guided by Love. Grant us wisdom and understanding in our thoughts, kindness in our deeds, and childlike wonder and joy in our hearts. Be with those in pain. When we hurt, hold us tenderly and touch our souls with the Warmth of Your Love and Divine Comfort. Heal us. Open our hearts and minds to learn, that you may teach us softly. Amen.

Thoughts and continued prayers for families affected by this unfathomable tragedy.

Namaste,
T
"Then he said: I promise you this. 
If you don't change and become like this child, 
you will never get into the kingdom of heaven."
- Matthew 18:3

"My friends, stop thinking like children. 
Think like mature people and be as innocent as tiny babies."
- 1 Corinthians 14:20

Zach Williams, Old Church Choir, with lyrics:

Zach Williams, Old Church Choir, Official Music Video:


No comments:

Post a Comment