Monday, May 8, 2017

Thanks for Taking Care of That

Doctor: So you have this aortic aneurysm that is descended.

Me: Ok. (Wasn't expecting THAT.)

Doctor: No wait... You're not Sheldon.

Me: Nope.

It turned out that my radiology report showed no issues at all, but that the department had accidentally sent the wrong report to the doctor. When I was leaving the doctor smiled and said, "Glad I was able to take care of that aneurysm for you."

Me too.


Sometimes, when things don't seem to be going my way, I have the presence of mind to stop and think that maybe it's for the best anyway. Sometimes not. Thankfully there are moments when I realize that there are probably all kinds of Blessings I am not even aware of. Like maybe when I'm running late and everything seems to be slowing me down, it's so that I miss a traffic accident that might've been if I had been on the road a few minutes earlier. When I'm on the right side of gratitude and faith, I might feel keenly aware that the Universe is taking care of all kinds of things for me.

Thanks for taking care of that - and thanks for the reminders.

"You have been given a gift worth more than any material gift ever bestowed."
- Joan Goss

Thanks also to Joan Goss (ordained minister and longtime student of A Course in Miracles - http://acourseinmiracleswithjoan.com), whom I heard speak and who reminded me of the power of the mind. The next time I feel like complaining, I'll try to remember to be grateful for all the ways I'm being taken care of.

Namaste,
T

Prayers and well wishes for Sheldon too...

No comments:

Post a Comment