Monday, May 15, 2017

First Mother's Day

I had been looking forward to my first Mother's Day as a mom. I had visions of it being just like another birthday and figured that my blog would talk of it something like that. (Yay! It's like another birthday! This is GREAT!)

Then I realized Russ would be traveling that day. Then I got sick.


Despite having gone to the ENT doctor twice, starting antibiotics and drinking plenty of fluids, I am just sick. I had been offered assistance, but it was just too much to deal with to coordinate. I ran out in the pouring rain for more cough medicine and face masks on Saturday. It was just me, the baby and the dogs on Mother's Day. Aside from all the nose blowing, I still loved it.



Russ left a banner and balloon which were covered up. A sign read "Do not remove cover until Sunday." There was a card too. #ThanksRuss. That was nice. I received texts from many friends and family members wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. That was nice too.


Since my throat was sore, I had a hard time singing and reading without coughing like crazy. We listened to a toddler music program. Some of these songs crack me up...


So cute and clever! Then I heard "Lunch Will Keep Us Together." When I looked it up to share here, I learned some more about it. Enjoy! I'm going to go have lunch. ;)


Hope all the mothers had a beautiful day!

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment