Monday, February 6, 2017

Something to Believe In

Even BEFORE the Super Bowl, I was thinking of this...

Some game huh? Most people I know were rooting for the Falcons. After tasting victory, the loss seemed even more pronounced. There was much excitement, grumbling, gloating and disappointment. You saw it all if you were following along on social media. Then I came across several posts with another theme. They suggested looking from another angle, noticing a deeper meaning and learning something from the whole experience. They were talking about how it is possible to make a great comeback. The idea that we can win when everyone one else thinks we are losing is something we can apply to our own life situations. (Smile - I like that idea.)


There have been times this week when I have been overwhelmed with gratitude. Looking in on my sleeping family as I began writing this in the middle of the night was a classic example. Tears welled up as I truly felt as if I'd been granted every wish I'd ever hoped for - so Blessed. I wouldn't have guessed I'd be looking in on my newborn son at this time last year. I had given up on the idea.

I see the value in so many different kinds of posts  now. There's definitely a time for everything. A time for protests, a time for healing, a time for laughter, a time for sadness... I appreciate every turn of the wheel - every single thing (comfortable or not) that leads us ultimately to the next thing.

I love that people are finding balance. There are articles that educate, anger, or inspire. Then there are humorous posts with puppies and babies that make us all laugh and smile. Then there are football games and cheers. Then it's back to work.

I truly believe we're always being led to the good around every corner. We can't always see it or understand it, but everything in its own time - will come.


#Believe #BlessedBeTheJourney #Love

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment