Monday, February 20, 2017

Only Love...

"On the day of my judgement, when I stand before God 
and he asks me why did I, did I kill one of his miracles, 
what am I going to say? That it was my job?"
- Paul, The Green Mile

Humanity.

As I've watched the news and people's posts, I keep coming back to that scene in The Green Mile. People are willing to risk life and limb crossing the Canadian border in sub-zero temperatures to avoid deportation. Mothers are being torn from their families. Others are hiding in the sanctuary of churches. I keep wondering what the people "just doing their job" must be feeling.

It is time to reach deep within and stand up for ourselves - and by "ourselves" I mean our brothers and sisters. We are all one.


"My reason for pushing back on Marvin wasn't to stop the single, 
just to determine whether or not this was another one of his wild ideas... 
Motown was about music for all people - white and black, blue and green, cops and the robbers. 
I was reluctant to have our music alienate anyone. This was a big risk for his image."
- Berry Gordy


There are risks involved with taking a stand for what we believe - even when we know what is right. My prayer this week is for strength for us all, that we fearlessly stand up for what we believe in.

"I am not afraid because fear is a choice; it is not a fact. 
So today I ask you, in the true grit and spirit of a New Yorker, 
that you choose courage in the face of fear."
- Linda Sarsour



Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment