Monday, November 16, 2015

#Focus

There was a house in my neighborhood that recently got torn down.



In its place went up a new home. It is a modular home that arrived in several pieces on trucks marked "OVERSIZE LOAD" and was assembled by a large crane in one day. It was amazing how quickly a stunning new large home was built where the older, mid-sized one used to stand.


Before the second story and attic went up

My last blog was about letting go of the old and embracing change. The one before that was about trusting that all would be well. Another thought comes to mind... what will come in as replacement for all those old thoughts, habits and ways?

This past week, I redirected my thoughts toward the positive vibes of the bright future ahead. How can we let go of something that we continue to focus on? There are so many injustices and things that weigh heavily on our minds. When I began to spend time thinking about anything like that, I deliberately tried to shift my focus toward some tangible, positive outcome. I have seen that a new house can go up very quickly, so why not build our own house, the house that is us, in the same way?

Instead of shaking my head about all the junk food I've eaten, I thought about how nice it would be to drink a refreshing, healthy smoothie. I went out and got one. I took further action toward my vision of health and went to the gym. I made it a point to change my thoughts. Instead of allowing my mind to focus on what I did NOT want, I turned thought toward what I DO want. In this way, I believe I am building my new house. :)



This week, my choices will reflect where I WANT to be. We are our own "new frontier." We can bring about new construction within our own lives by carefully choosing which thoughts we allow to linger. I will focus on that which brings about health, happiness and well being. If I #focus on that, I can't go wrong.

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment