Monday, November 23, 2015

All About the Journey


Last week, the day I posted the blog about that new house in the neighborhood, the water went out. While Russ was walking the dogs, he discovered why. While working on that new house, workers hit a water line, interrupting service for the whole neighborhood. Russ knew this because as he passed by that house, he saw the water and electric company trucks in front of it, and overheard workers and water representatives saying things like, “that should have been figured out before” and “that isn’t our responsibility.” All I knew was that I had to go to the gym to shower that day.

It was funny. I had just used that house as a model example of how to build our own selves, and there it was with a major problem disrupting the whole neighborhood. I realized that change isn’t always smooth and there are bumps in the road of our journey. That’s OK. It’s natural.

It was interesting that people were looking to place blame and not take responsibility for their own actions though. Don’t we all do that sometimes?  :)

I got this pendant over the summer…


It serves as a reminder to me that life is not about the destination, but the journey. This week, I’ll try to remember not to place blame for any aspect of my life on anyone else. I’ll take personal responsibility for my feelings and know that outcomes don’t matter as much as how you play the game. Being the kind of person you want to be is our own personal journey. Our outcomes reflect our choices, and what’s really important is what we learn along the way and how we live our lives. If we strive to make every decision from the standpoint of being the kind of person we want to be, we can trust that we’ll arrive at our perfect destinations.

"Every day is a journey
and the journey itself is home"
- Matsuo Basho

I looked up songs about journeys. This one came to mind, and this version… OOOH! 


Have a most Blessed week.

Namaste,
T


No comments:

Post a Comment