Monday, October 19, 2015

Let It Snow

Well, there’s no denying it anymore…


It’s not exactly my favorite time of year – when the patio furniture and the bikes get put away, the sky goes gray and the night comes early.

“A lot of people like snow. 
I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” 
– Carl Reiner


I’ve been searching for something  positive… Soup is good. :)

As I dig out the winter coats, boots and scarves, I’ll try to keep focused on the positive. I’ll find some of my favorite soup recipes, get the Crock-Pot going, fill up the house with the smell of cinnamon apples, and replace my dresser drawer of shorts with long sleeve shirts that I forgot I had.

There’s no use in complaining. I’ll keep finding things to appreciate and smile when I do. Maybe I’ll make a snowman.


I’ll wear my Gryffindor sweatshirt. I’ll look around outside and remember the crystal shaped beauty in a single flake of snow, then zoom out and realize how much beauty surrounds us. I’ll place battery operated candles in all the windows and smile when I come home at night to see their glow.


It’s just winter. It’s not that bad. It’s not really bad at all.  :) 

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment