Monday, February 16, 2015

Nurturing the Self

This week was absolutely crazy hectic.  I don't know how it all fit into one week.

I pushed to the limit again with regard to lack of sleep.  I got very little sleep when I flew out of NYC to Buffalo and back, then stayed up all night (again) to go to Nile Rodgers' video shoot - all within a 70 hour window.

Here's the thing though... I recognized the end of the line and took a couple of days to recuperate.  I ate healthy and rested most of the day on Friday, and took it easy on Saturday too.  I needed to.

Louise Hay's calendar for Saturday (Valentine's Day) said this:

Louise Hay's calendar - Feb. 14, 2015

I took it to heart.  ;)

Nurturing myself became a real part of making it all possible and staying healthy.  I exercised, took rest when I needed it, did the things I really wanted to do, eliminated those tasks that could wait and didn't feel guilty about it.  I ate well, drank plenty of water and managed to do four workouts.  I smiled, laughed and enjoyed the beautiful company of good friends.  There's always much to be grateful for.

I Googled "nurture yourself" and found some nice articles on the subject:



I'll keep self-nurturing in mind this week.  I'll keep busy, take good care of myself and be grateful for everything I can think of.


I encourage everyone here to do something - anything - just for yourself.  There are so many suggestions in the links above.

#love #loveyourself #takecare #nurture #nurtureyourself

Namaste,

T

P.S.
Scenes from this past week:

Welcome to Buffalo...


Remembering our friend Lance Diamond Wednesday
at the African American Cultural Center in Buffalo
with Joyce, and Denny and Mike of the 24K Diamond Band


with Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls
(Lance Diamond's photo in the background)


with my cousin Paul
at Club Pacha
for the Chic video shoot performance, NYC


Nile Rodgers, Folami, Fonzi Thornton, Russell Graham
Chic performance, Club Pacha

Nile Rodgers

with Russ - after the show

Chic's performance was a party!


Frosting birthday cookies at daycare center

Dinner with Russ, Apollo Joe, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment