Monday, February 9, 2015

Well, Which is It?

Is it THIS...

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land, 
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

- Emily Dickinson

Or THIS...

Hope - that slippery creature of temptation
Shall I let him in?
Is it I, by myself
who allows that slithering beast?

That devil is already inside of me
Waiting...
For any crack in the door
To creep, undetected
Into the deepest recesses of me
And from there
Like a cancer grow.

- T.G. 

Which perception is Truth? Are they both true?  Does it depend on mood?

I have been considering perception and its powerful influence - how we, with the power of our mind, can choose to view any circumstance with a different perspective and create our future with it.

This week, I challenge my perspective of everything.  I encourage myself to see everything from a positive viewpoint.  With faith and gratitude, I know that all is well.  There is really never anything to fear.


Hope can be a beautiful, angelic creature or we can paint it with fear.  Is there something that we are afraid to hope, for fear that it will never be?  What dream is so important?  What idea do we have to guard so fiercely?  What holds that much power over us - that we would choose to kill hope instead of even trying?

This week, I want to figure that out - and make a change.  I want to dare to hope anything!  Isn't imagining something the first step towards creating it?  I don't want to be afraid to imagine anything!  I want to welcome hope and its sweet song!



LET'S DO IT!  

#fearless #daretodream

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment