Monday, August 18, 2014

Sweet!

Ahhhh....  The sweet feeling of being at home in the studio...

It's like a deep breath of air - to feel like you're in exactly the right place and doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing.



How I loved to start the week in the studio, recording new songs - and I knew for sure I was in the right place when I saw this:


It was great fun to hold up the screwdriver and pretend like I did all the work of assembling the modular vocal booth...


after Russ, Robbie and Jason had already done it.

Robbie and Russ

I took a wonderful stroll down memory lane when I got to visit with Nan and Keith Hoffman at Nan's library concert!  I used to go hear Nan play when I was a little girl.  Her children's album was the first studio recording I participated on, as a member of the background choir.  It was so great to see them!

with Nan and Keith


It's always fun to play the role of "oddball" for passersby - as I did on Saturday when I was TRYING to get a picture of what I think was a heron, before he flew away.


And to cap it all off... (drum roll please...)

Wine.



Mom and I went on the "Sunday Morning Vineyard Walk."  What a great way to start the day!!!  The scenery was gorgeous!





We learned a lot about grapes, vineyards and wine.  Then we entered the warehouse... 
FOR BRUNCH!!!  Sweet!




Then THERE WAS WINE TASTING!  (Yes, we had a ride home.)


Did you all ever try Ice Wine?  It's very sweet.  The bartender said that you don't serve it WITH dessert, it IS dessert.

Come to think of it...  a lot of things were sweet last week!

THAT'S the thought I'll hold onto:  Life is Sweet.

 :)

Namaste,
T
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words"
- Plautus

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music" 
- Ronald Reagan

"What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes"
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning


No comments:

Post a Comment