Monday, July 28, 2014

What A Wonderful World

You can't really go wrong when you start off the week at Leon's...

Me and Russ at Leon Studio One

Josh and Me at Leon's

and then meet with Vincent and Megan...

Me and Russ with Vincent and Megan - from New York Global Marketing Solutions

There was more driving...


and THEN there was Wednesday...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ON WEDNESDAY!  It was as if all the planets went out of alignment or something.  Nothing went right.  I was completely misunderstood a number of times and I just couldn't get over how rude people in the world seemed to be.  I decided that I just had to go home and stay there.  Once I got home, I was stung by a bee in my driveway.  THAT WAS IT!  I just had to go to bed and start over on Thursday.  (Oh well, at least I managed to take the dogs to the groomer - BTW, Bentley also got stung by a bee in the driveway.)



With Wednesday out of the way things got better.  :)  Plans were made and flights were booked.

When I first got to my seat on the plane on Friday, I had scarcely gotten over my mad dash hysteria of trying to make the flight on time.  It was a small plane.  My row had only two seats in it and they were both occupied.  There was one female adult and one small child.  (Uh oh...)  When the lady saw me approaching while closely examining my ticket, then the sign above her head, she said "Oh, is this your seat?" and slid over to the window seat, placing the child on her lap.  The one-year-old little girl's feet were dangling over my seat and beginning to kick up and down.  (Oh great.)

Here's the thing - by the time the flight was over, my faith in humanity was restored.  Those two beautiful angels masquerading as people sitting next to me had me smiling throughout my entire soul.  There was the sweetest little girl and her most amazing adoptive mother.  Their story was incredible, moving, inspirational and miraculously wonderful.  I have GOT to try to remember (especially on days like Wednesday) that angels are everywhere.  I hugged them both goodbye when we landed.



So then, I was having a grand time in the Sunshine State visiting friends, meeting people and negotiating with children.  (Don't ask - I'm pretty sure that I promised a one-year-old that I would put him through college if he would just settle down quietly in a shopping cart - AND HE DID!!!)

Me and my friend Ramza

The week was perfectly topped off with a beautiful church service that seemed to speak directly to me.  The minister spoke about the song "What a Wonderful World" (written by Bob Thiele as "George Douglas" and George David Weiss).  She told the congregation about how the song was written as a positive antidote for the challenging times during which it was created, and about how through our perspective and our own choosing we can view the world and the future with optimism.  We can, during challenging times, choose to step back and see the wonder of the world and its perfection.  (Which was EXACTLY what I needed on Wednesday and what those two wonderful people sitting next to me on the plane helped me do!)



The minister also mentioned how the song wasn't a hit here in the US right away.  It did well in the UK, but took years to grow in popularity here in the US.

Hmmm...

Sounds like perfect sentiments for me to hold on to this week!  It IS a wonderful world and we need only to remember and shift our perspective if ever it seems otherwise.  THAT and the fact that a hit song sometimes takes a while to be recognized as such. 

:)  Perfect!

Namaste
T

2 comments: