Monday, July 21, 2014

Positively Flexible

IS IT MONDAY AGAIN!!!???

I was so busy running around that I can barely remember the first part of last week.  What did I do?  I honestly have no idea.

At some point I took this pic, LOL
I DID do a LOT of driving this weekend.  I am pretty sure that I drove in a thousand-mile-long circle twice in the last two weeks.

Two things stand out as I look back.  The first is the importance of being flexible with plans.  The second is the benefit of positive energy.

Flexibility was key for success last week.  You wouldn't believe how plans kept changing.  Then there was no plan, because why bother?  Then there had to be decisions made (despite the lack of information), then after the decisions were made more change came and the decision had to be revised anyway.  It was ridiculous.  Where was I driving to?  Were the dogs coming with me?  Where would I be going after I went to the first place?  It's kind of hard to pack when you don't know where you're going or how long you'll be there.  In the end, I ended up right back where I started after driving a thousand miles.  If I tried to latch on to one particular idea of what was going to be happening, some new development would loosen my grip and I ultimately had to let go of any notions of my own and just go with the flow.  Fine.

Then there was the presence and awareness of the positive energy flow.  It's funny - when you just "go with the flow" of things there seems to be a wonderful sense of freedom that takes over as you open your mind to the endless possibility of "whatever."  Whenever I let go of my ideas of how things "should" go, adventure begins and the door is opened to new and wonderful things that I never could have deliberately planned.  Even just that sense of freedom itself carries with it such a light and happy feeling.

The gig was great this weekend!  I can't express enough how fabulous it is to work with people whose company you enjoy, and to be able to do something that you really enjoy doing.  We played at a country club on Saturday and had a GREAT time.  We all love making each other laugh, and try to do so at every opportunity (even on stage - Joe seemed to get a big kick out of deliberately trying to make me laugh so hard that I would be unable to sing my verse).  The energy of that laughter and positive spirit shines through in the performance and somehow seems to transmit to the audience, and everyone has a wonderful time!  That positive energy really is contagious.



The contagious effect was evident on my drive back home too.  When a friend had just made me laugh on the phone right before I entered a rest stop, and I walked in there still beaming, I was met with smiles by every stranger I encountered.

Listening to Caroline Myss lectures on the drive (She is AMAZING - GO OUT AND BUY SOME OF HER BOOKS/LECTURES RIGHT NOW!), I heard about spiritual "weightlessness."  To me, being in that state of happiness feels like weightlessness.  What amazing things we can accomplish from that state of energetic joy.  It's kind of like magic - as if joy attracts more joy.  Ideas flow and anything seems possible.


I'll hold on to that this week.  I will go with the flow, stay open to the unexpected and seek laughter.  When I find the laughter I will treasure it and be grateful for it.  I'll hold on to the idea of not holding on to anything.  I am positive that if I do that - this will be a FANTASTIC week!

Gorgeous sunset on the drive!


Namaste
xoxo
T


No comments:

Post a Comment