Monday, August 27, 2018

My Perfect World

I remember Robbie asking this leading question a long time ago:

"In your perfect world..." (Where would you be in a few years?)

Robbie has been the studio manager at several different locations where I've worked over the years, and remains a studio manager and a good friend (family, really) today. Robbie's question itself makes you define your goals. By answering it, you create the pathway for your dreams and goals to come true. You are saying it out loud, envisioning your future, taking the first step toward realizing those intentions.

Eddie Fluellen, Me, Nate Hughes

Nate Hughes

Me, Amelia Rose, Lanise Hughes, Steve Arrington

Me, Mark Love Gonsalves, Amelia Rose, Randall Bostick

Me, Mark Love Gonsalves

Levi Ruffin, Me

The last couple of weeks have felt like that perfect world for me. First, I performed in Las Vegas as a part of Rick James's Original Stone City Band. Words can scarcely describe how special and poignant that was for me. I started out on the music scene in Buffalo with so many of his musicians as my mentors. I was brought up, so to speak, in the musical family that lived and breathed his sound. It felt like home to be there with his band.

When I arrived back in Buffalo after that show, I was in what feels like my home away from home too. It was the studio - with Robbie, Russ, Joey and Paul. We recorded lead vocals on two tracks for what will be my second album. It was perfect.

Joey Diggs, Me, Paul Anthony, Russ

I'm positively basking in gratitude for all of my musical mentors and the amazing opportunity to work with them. So many people I cherish - all in a couple of weeks.

Sometimes... gratitude just overfloweth.

Have a most Blessed week! xo

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment