Monday, August 6, 2018

Listen

There we were in the backyard. He kept saying, "Truck! Truck!" I said that I didn't see a truck anywhere, but ok - truck. Then he said, "Listen."

WHAT??? I didn't even know he could say the word "listen" - and he used it correctly in the appropriate context! I listened. Sure enough, there was the sound of a truck on the road nearby. I could hardly believe it. We spent some time listening and identifying sounds.

Shortly afterwards, we took a trip to the library, where the librarian showed us a puzzle with different vehicles (truck, airplane, helicopter, ambulance, etc.). When you put a puzzle piece in correctly, it makes the corresponding sound. While still at the library, the noon whistle went off at a nearby fire station. He exclaimed, "SIREN!" :)

I guess this week is about listening. Thanks Zachary, for reminding Mommy to listen. Lead the way, kid. xo


"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; 
they listen with the intent to reply."
- Stephen R. Covey


Blessed week to you!

Namaste,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment