Monday, April 4, 2016

Breakfast Attraction

Classic!

I stopped at the diner for breakfast on my way back from the gym this morning. It was crowded and I was alone, so I accepted a seat at the counter for one. The man next to me had an open book on the seat in between us. I ordered my usual scrambled eggs, English muffin and tomato juice and was just settling in when another man came and noted the textbook on the seat. I couldn’t help but overhear the conversation between these two strangers.

“How long you been studying Chinese?’
“About a year,” said the man with the book.
“I learned it on my own in Taiwan, then went on to teach Chinese history.”
“REALLY!”

With that, they were off and running in conversation. The one with the book compared the language to algebraic equations while the Chinese historian noted how some textbooks leave various words for interpretation. They launched into Chinese history, both amazed at how the culture was having economic discussions in the year 200 BC that mirror the political discussions of today. The guy studying said he plans on going to China someday, while the history teacher had to postpone his next trip there until November (he would have gone next week if not for the perils of trying to sell his house).

Diner Reflections

My food came and they rattled on like a couple of old friends. I smiled at how amazing the whole encounter was as I ate breakfast and eventually asked for the check. I’ve been reading about the Law of Attraction and remembered a similar encounter I had myself this week in Brooklyn. My friend and I were talking about the video shoot we are planning, when the guy next to us introduced himself as being in video production also.

  
Is it a coincidence that I've been reading about energy attracting like energy (Law of Attraction), and saw various demonstrations of just that in my everyday life? What about when I came home and called my mom... She was on the phone with one of my sisters at the time. When she called me back, she noted how when she is speaking to one of us, another one seems to always call at the same time. How about the fact that an Instagram account with the name "Law of Attraction" in its title began following me this week? LOL! (I had forgotten that until just now when I looked through pictures to post and came across the screenshot I took of that profile!)

This week, with the Law of Attraction in mind, I'll keep my thoughts and feelings positive. More good things will come. They'll just walk right in the door and sit down next to me. :)

Namaste, 
T

No comments:

Post a Comment